The new microwave is here and I moved the blower motor so it will work with my vent. Did a quick test to make sure it worked and got all the tools and stuff ready for installation. This mirowave is much lighter than the old one and I’m a little surprised about using Lag bolts on the wall mounting frame which seems a bit excessive to hold the microwave in place. I have two wall studs for attaching the wall bracket and the old heavy microwave did not have a wall mounting bracket at all and hung from the overhead cupboards by three bolts. I’m a little surprised the whole darn cupboard and microwave did not come crashing down considering how it was installed. From what I understand finding these little surprises is not all that odd in an older home. As I work on replacing and updating some of the things in the house I’m doing the utmost to replace/install things the right way. Cost a bit more in money, time and effort but it should pay off in peace of mind. A lot of the things I’m finding wrong seem to be “attention to detail” type stuff and honestly it looks like some things are done just to get by with things on hand, rather than spend a few dollars to do it the right way.
My aunt stopped by and picked up the spent grains from the wheat beer and she liked how my garden and yard is starting to shape up. She really like how the potato buckets look and said she would like to try doing taters next year via the buckets. My aunt is a plant/garden guru and is super smart growing plants. If I can impress her just a little bit with my little garden stuff it means I’m doing things the right way. Dad is running out the my aunt’s place to get some more wood for me and I hope it will clear out the space she wants to use for whatever. I have a space for the wood and won’t have to play “catch up” on stacking it. The new compost pile needs some green to balance out all the brown I had in the little bin. A big advantage to having the compost bin made of pallets is I can see how the mix looks and if it needs a certain item to keep it working. Plus trying to mix and turn over compost in that small bin was dang near impossible.
Update on how the pain relief salve is working:
I think the vitamins/minerals are helping a lot with recovery after doing heavy work as I define it considering my disability. The other day I had a wild little hand cramp that made my fingers go into “Vulcan mindmeld mode” but worse. I rubbed a bit of the pain relief salve and in less than 30 seconds the cramp released. There is still a little bit of ache but the cramp did not come back. I think the lavender essential oil sort of augmented the effectiveness of the other oils. It seems the salve is very effective for me and I will give a jar to Mom and test with her pain from Fybro. We may have to tweak the recipe a bit but I think we are on the right track. When I have these crazy cramps it usually takes a good long soak in hot water and watching how I move so the muscles don’t go into spasm/cramp again. Using these essential oils to give me relief has been a huge boon for me as I can’t always depend on having hot water or heat on demand if the power goes out. I much prefer using some simple natural ingredients rather than heavy narcotics for pain relief. Now I just need to add the Medicinal plant bed and learn to make my own essential oils. LOL
One thing about getting self-reliant one thing learned always seems to lead to another skill you need to master.