I got most of the blinds up and most of the curtains got a wash and rehung. I can make some adjustments on curtains as Mom found a great curtain rod for my big window at a 2nd hand store. I cleaned the blinds by setting them in the tub with very hot water and Dawn dish soap. That cleaned off most of the tar/smoke stains with just a bit of scrubbing via a sponge or brush. The small bathroom blinds cleaned up great and getting new replacement brackets has worked out great for the new window. The nice thing about blinds as they can let in light but not let people look in.
I cleaned up my front porch light using a little CLR and a scrubby sponge. The glass globe around the light cleaned up real good. When I repainted the front door I saw how weathered the door hardware had become and it needs replacing. I want levers rather than knobs to open my doors and for about $60.00 I can replace both doors hardware with a finish that will look good with the grey door up front and the red door in back. Once I know the cost of stitch removal this weekend I’ll know what I can afford to retro-fit the access doors. I may not be able to do a full security retro fit but I sure as hell can buy/install screws into my homes studs.
I did a of cleanup or at least moved all the trash wood away. I want to build a good cat cottage for the roaming alley cat mousers. I’ll re-purpose some wood crates and build a nice cedar wood basking area for the cats above the compost heap. Add a little radiant barrier for insulation and you have a great little kitty cottage. I saved some metal from the contractor so I should be able to make a dry sleeping space for the kitties.