Both my local Fred Meyer and Albertsons have a Buy 5 items get a lower price. I’m not sure it is all stores but in my area you can mix and match all items that are on buy a mix of any five items and get the lower price. I have been restocking my coffee but it is on that 5 for a good sale price along with peanuts, cheese, butter, milk, marinades etc. As you can imagine you can easily shop those items mix and match some thing like a can of coffee, peanuts, marinades, cheese, a pound of butter and not spend a lot of money. You can get one or more of these items and you can make a more flavorful meal, have a snack bowl of nuts and that is me just doing a quick look at the local ad on the internet. If your stockpile is a little low on an item you can buy a couple of those items and still buy other items that get you the discount.
For example: I bought coffee just to get stocked up but I didn’t buy the coffee I preferred. Now I can add a couple of cans of coffee I like as long as I buy some item on the FAB 5 sale.
- I love snacking on peanuts and I’m trying to build up my “snacking preps” stockpile. I can add 2 jars of peanuts.
- My butter reserves in the freezer got used and needs to be resupplied. So add 2-3 pounds of butter.
- June is “Dairy month” and all sorts of cheeses are on sale. I don’t care what any one says a grilled cheese sandwich, tuna melt or Quesadillas is an awesome quick snack or part of a good meal.
- Marinades and salad dressings be flavor multi-taskers. Almost every cheap cut of meat can benefit from marinade. You can make a good meal/different meal giving chicken an Italian dressing marinade or a London Broil cut of beef a marinade in French dressing and I don’t like French dressing on a salad! Lots of people seem to like bleu cheese with beef. You could make a a meatloaf but rather than adding ketchup or tomato sauce add bleu cheese salad dressing. It is up to you and don’t be afraid to experiment.
- You must have the ingredients on hand before you experiment. If some of your meals fail and that will probably happen to you. Now is the time to learn when food is plentiful and supply chains are working. Experimenting on marinades on a dollar a pound chicken or even a 2 dollar pound pork chop is different to experimenting on a 7-10 dollar a pound rib eye steak.
Onto the Whuflu. I still believe good masking up and sanitation protocols should be every ones default in a pandemic situation. I don’t think I over reacted for myself, but I never claimed shutting down small businesses was a good response. I started wearing a mask around the 2nd week of March because I have an immuno disease and had pneumonia in the past. I was protecting myself and had no affect on other people. Today I walked into a bank and they asked me not to use a mask in the lobby. I was surprised to say the least and all of the banks focus was about security. It is their business and the can set the rules for what is acceptable risk for themselves.
I was an early adopter of wearing a mask about mid March and I was looked at as crazy. I don’t wear mask for status points. I wear a mask because I’m immune compromised. You all should be able to get back to work, back to making money on your businesses. I wear a mask because I’m protecting myself! I didn’t mind shutting down the school system because I think schools are indoctrination stations. Wear a mask, don’t wear mask I don’t care. I wear a mask because I think it will protect myself. You wearing a mask is irrelevant to me. No, I’m not going to shame you if you don’t wear a mask. You do you and you are the one taking the risk not me. That is freedom and it is messy sometimes. If I’m wrong the Wuflu simply becomes another flu/common cold strain and I’m good with that out come.I have not taken a vaccine of any sort since I have had CIDP and I had one very unpleasant cold/flu that put me in bed for about 2-3 days. It might just have been a nasty cold or the flu. Drink liquids, control the fever and wait it out. Most people can give better in home care than most hospitals. If you can’t consume fluids or you get a massive spike in temp go see an emergency room.
Antifa are terrible medics as a small cut on the leg was treated like some one bleeding out, It is bizarre to to see a strap tourniquet to wound that needed only a little direct pressure to stop the bleeding. A little saline solution to clean and a bit of gauze would be all the wound needed. The idiot kid thought he might lose his leg. That sort of thinking is cruel to that person. While I can understand that mocking that person. They truly think that little booboo is equivalent to losing a leg in combat. Nope I bleed more doing garden work around my house. I was a combat medic in the US army and I’d handed you a gauze pad and told you to hold it place until the bleeding stopped and then report back to your company.
I’ve gone off on a tangent. So I will end it here.