I have never made it a secret I’m on the Dole because of my disability. While I’m low on the economic food chain I think I’m doing quite well on paying my bills and keeping my charity requests for a couple of things I can’t do physically. I paid my taxes and worked from the time I was 16 till I became disabled at 43 years old, including 13 years in the US Army who I’m paying off the US Army for disability from my VA benefits for the US Army declaring me disabled and unable to work in the army. No, I can’t explain that so it make sense, “It’s the Law!” So I’m still paying the Government about 6% of my income for being a disabled vet.
Now you can call me dumb and naive for believing the PTBs that all that FICA and taxes was for SS or disability when they took it from my check every month was for disability insurance and SS. You would be correct, but hindsight is always 20\20 and I was playing the only game I had been taught. I now realized I was lied too but I can’t go back in the past and say screw buying a home with 10% down in 2003. With hindsight I want to spend it on gold and silver that cost $280.00 and $4.00 per oz.
Now we citizens get threats such as:
- Sequestration will not allow for SS ,VA or military pay. But we can send the money to Egypt to buy Fighter jets and Abrams tanks. Add 50 million sent to France to support what they are doing in Mali. Give federal workers a raise who on average are paid 30%-60% better than the private sector workers. But troops are to expensive to have COLA adjustments even with the lie of CPI-U that excludes all food and energy rising cost. But great news Ipads are getting cheaper!
- Sequestration will cause all the layoff of food inspectors so no meat producers can sell any meat. So you can’t raise or sell your own meat in the most cities and the only thing that saving us from bad meat is the USDA inspectors? In the USA we have had possibly 100 people or less in the last 10 years die from drinking raw milk. In a country of over 300 million. Your bathtub is more dangerous to your health than Raw milk. Yet the USDA send in SWAT teams to bust the Amish for selling Raw milk!
- All electronic devices can be search if you happen to live within or travel within a 100 mile zone of international borders or the coastline. Forth Amendment is bogus and it seems the DHS thinks that “security” trumps the US Constitution as the supreme law of the land. Based on population centers on the borders as well as the US coast line the of states HI, FLA, MI, Maine, Vermont and CT must give complete access to any electronic device because the “authoritiess said the magic word security and nothing else is needed. As long as it is within 100 miles of an international border or Ocean. This ruling affects about 65% of the total US population.
- SSDI should have an automatic 30% cut in the 1st quarter of 2016 because that fund is broke. Social Security is separate from Social Security Disability as the PTBs figure it. The CBO (Congressional Budget Office) figures SSD will run out of money for benefits by 2016 and they are always optimistic with numbers. Now what should happen is all benefits by law will be cut by 30% once that happens unless Congress changes the rules and taps in to the SS “Trust fund” which is scheduled to go broke in 2029 at best and if it has to pay out on all those people on SSD or SSDI, and boomers retiring, I doubt SS will last through 2020 at best. For me that means instead of getting $1230.00 per month I get $861.00. Oh but good news then I would qualify for EBT, an Obama phone, housing and energy assistance. I guess I would let the bank/VA foreclose on my house as my payments are $561 per month and while I live pretty cheap and have some food stored but even I can’t take that kind of hit on income and keep making payments on the house along with rising food and energy prices.
- OSHA safety inspectors could be laid off and of course many private sector employes will die. Because Government employees never die cause they are protected and stuff . The private sector would kill off employees cause they just don’t care about anything but profits. ….. Oh wait! LAPD
Now a few of these items are related to the Simpson -Bowles committee that Obama called for during the 2011 US bond downgrade to save us all from the perils of government debt. Signed off on by both houses of Congress as a great idea 18 months ago. But now is totally evil. But guys this ain’t about Democrats or Republicans or politics, it’s about math! One way or another all Americans will lose at least 30% in purchasing power via pay cuts, inflation or both within the next 2 years. Imagine $4.50 for a gallon of gas will be considered a good price in fly over country. $5.50-$6.00 for a gallon of milk or a loaf of bread. Perhaps a decent sirloin steak at over $7.00 per pound and that just a few items. If the PTBs decide to go with inflation as history says they will. Take your budget this month and add another 30% to the price just to get your average needs and wants. That 30% is a low ball figure overall, If you have a fixed debt like a mortgage payment that may help but if you rent it will be tough. Student loans and all revolving credit will get much more expensive as a percentage of your income. If you are on a fixed income you will be hurting.
Look at your budget and assume you will get a 30% pay cut or everything in you will cost 30% more by October of 2015. I don’t care if you are on SS or own your own shop/business. Unless you are part of the PTBs or in the .001% of top incomes and then you are exempt. I doubt many of those folks stop by my little blog unless it is a few of the PTBs minions checking to see if they need to add me to another list. Now tell me again how you can’t afford to prepare!